You can process refunds for transactions that are in a final state / have already been completed, except for invoice payments (where the goods are usually sent before payment).
You can deduct this from the FULFILL status (meaning the order can be shipped). Additionally the REFUND category in a transaction is missing if the payment is not yet guaranteed.
1. To do this you have to navigate into the transaction view and open the relevant transaction:
2. On your right side, in the navigation of a transaction, you will find the refund option (provided the payment is already guaranteed / completed):
3. You can enter the amount and / or the quantity which you will refund. To refund the payment you can choose between the different refund options:
- ONLINE REFUND: This is the regular Refund procedure. You are sending a refund request to the acquiring service in this case - whom will confirm or deny the refund (f.e. if the card has already expired)
- OFFLINE REFUND: This option is used to synchronise an already processed refund where the refund is not visible in the UI. This is commonly used if a refund has been already processed but the information of the refund never reached our servers (f.e. if the server did not respond in the necessary time-frame). In order to synchronise the status in all systems an OFFLINE REFUND is done.
- CUSTOMER INITIATED: This option behaves more or less like the OFFLINE REFUND and is used if a customer initialed a refund. This is usually the case if the customer contacts their bank and successfully "charges back" the amount of the transaction. In order to reflect this in the UI you can mark the refund as CUSTOMER INITIATED in order to see that the specific customer has reversed one or more payments without your consent.
4. Once the refund was successful a message is shown indicating this: