How does reconciliation work
Precondition - Correct Setup
Make sure that the Reconciliation process is setup for all the different acquirers. Currently Recon is available for the following payment processors:
- Concardis Acquiring (via ETRAX, ask Concardis to send the ETRAX Files via SFTP to wallee)
- SIX via MRX (Setup the MRX Files via the Inbox of wallee)
- TWINT via RAF (automatically Setup)
- PostFinance via RAF (automatically Setup when creating the processor)
- ISR (automatically Setup when using ISR via PostFinance or when Uploading CAMT Files)
- Paypal (automatically Setup when creating the processor)
- MF Group (follow the instructions in the processor and send them the E-Mail Adress where the recon Files needs to be sent)
Get the payment Receipt for Transaction / Refunds
Payment receipts for transactions and refunds can be exported from the transaction overview under:
- Transaction: Transactions > Payment Receipts (A payment receipt for a transaction is the settlement file for a transaction from the acquirer).
- Refunds: Refunds > Payment Receipts (If you do a refund the the payment receipt will be written once the refund has been settled).
Please note it is important to read both imports.
Explanation of the Bank Transaction CSV (legacy)
See the export attached of an example recon file. It is important to build the Import based on the naming of title as we might introduce new columns.
Important fields in general are:
valueAmount Is the amount that has been paid out to your bank account. Generally the valueAmount is reduced by the Disagio. The difference between valueAmount and amountPaid on the transaction is the comission
valueDate is the estimated value date of the payment on your bank account. Please note its a best guess and can differ depending on bank holidays and transfer speed
transaction.merchantReference: is the merchant reference on the transaction and provided by the merchant. We recommend to match the payment on this reference
paymentConnectorConfiguration.name is the name of the payment method connector
Bank Transaction API
We suggest that you use the bank Transaction API call to get the reconciliation statements via our JSON API. How to use this is described in our Bank Transaction API article.